Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Experience As A College Freshman (1st Semester)

At first I was really skeptical about going to a community college. But I'm grateful that I am attending a college that acts as close to a university. The campus is actually really pretty and their library is awesome! When I went to the quiet section of the high school's library, there were so much noise that it shouldn't even be considered a quiet section. But I'm soo glad that my college offers that. It's so peaceful, especially with big windows that gives me the scenery when the sun sets or when it snows. It's beautiful.
My lovely boyfriend who dropped me off
to college (his didn't start yet)
I was honestly nervous on my first day. I even carried a campus map where I marked where my classes were in my planner. But it really wasn't all that bad. It was like a typical day in high school - but I felt more free and independent.

I remember having an hour break before my English class and I quickly read the section that was assigned before class started. I decided to sit in a cubicle desk because I felt too shy sitting in the open that I thought all eyes would be planted on me. After a couple of weeks, I began to sit next to the big, beautiful, open windows. 
Beautiful view outside the library
There were definitely times when I was bored and I had time to kill. So I took many selfies while I was at the library. Poor me, having no one to take a selfie with.
There was also this one time where my friend & I stayed at the library until it closed (10pm) & we studied our butts off for our Sociology exam the next day. We took a break at around 7pm & went to our cafe to buy ramen. Haha. It was nice. But I ended up getting a B. Ooh the consequences of procrastination..

Who can not say no to ramen?!
I tend to walk around campus to get a feel of my school & I discovered many places like an awesome bench outside near the school's beautiful pond & a great art museum that displayed the amazing artists at my school. I also encountered a pamphlet that you see below about Phi Theta Kappa. I kept searching for how to apply but supposedly the school will contact me if I have a GPA of 3.5. Well 1st semester is done & I'm still waiting on that letter! Not entirely sure about the honors program though. I've heard that it really isn't worth joining. I don't know, I'm still deciding.
Cheers for a great second semester with a 4.0 GPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment