Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Updated Review On Instax Mini 8 & Polaroid Album


Hey everyone! So since I've had my polaroid camera for about 7 months now, I figured I would share my thoughts/feelings about it with you :)

I would first like to say that I definitely still love this camera from when I first had it 7 months ago 'til now. But I figured I also should share the cons of it as well (nothing is perfect).
So to start off:
I just now realized to not cover the 2 holes that are to the right of the flash because it turns out they are exposure lens! Silly me accidentaly took a picture with me covering those babies up (I forgot how I even did that..) & I have been waiting for the picture to show up but it never came! I was staring at a black, blank, sad polaroid hoping my friends & I would show up on it.. But it never did...
 So this should be a lesson for you all, folks! :D Don't cover up those holes! :p


The light indicator of the camera works great. Most of the time I don't need it though because I can obviously tell when it's cloudy, or sunny, or if I'm indoors or not. However, I do check my camera's light indicator if I should put it in the brightest setting or not-so-bright setting when I'm outdoors. & the pictures have so far turned out good!

Also, this may or may not come as a surprise to any of you, but if you do take a picture of someone or your friends INDOORS, more likely than not, the background of your picture will appear really dark - which makes your photo target become the central focus on the polaroid I particurlarly don't mind but other people might. So I'm just throwing this out there.

Also! I love the fact that the polaroids have a detachable bottom so then you can just put it up as a display with a caption, or just leave the polaroid picture as is (without the bottom piece) for those that don't care about captions & want to leave.. an open interpretation of their photo.. ;) Haha. So that's pretty sweet.


If you would like to find out where I purchased this lovely polaroid album for instax mini 8 - click here.
I definitely would recommend anyone purchasing this album if they are looking for a cute, compact album to bring around wherever they go. It also has other colors as well & each color has a unique pattern/print on the inside covers of the album. It's so cute & unique!
After I am finished filling my polaroids in this album, I plan to purchase the same type of album but a different color so it would look like it came as a set! :)


Notice those little "wet spots" on the left side of the album? Yeah, it's annoying. :(

It does great with holding photos (it holds around 64 photos). But I noticed some wet residue on the left side of the album whenever I place my polaroids in their slots. It does in no way leave a mark on my polaroids itself, however, I do find it a nuisance looking at my polaroids & having to see some sporadic, wet, puddle-like spots on them.


The camera case in the back is what my mom made for me :)
Nonetheless, I still think both the album and the camera works great & I would definitely recommend them to anyone who plans on purchasing a cute, vintage (modernized) camera along with a cute album for on-the-go.

Well I'll end this post right here. Thanks for those who have read this post & posts I had from the past, as well as watching my videos on YouTube! It means a lot.
Talk to you later~!

Be sure to check out my video on YouTube that covers some common questions on the instax mini 8! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment