Thursday, July 3, 2014

I bought a Macbook.. Whaaat?!

Eek! It's so beautiful! At least in my eyes.. Haha.
So as of Wednesday, July 2nd.. I arrived home with my Macbook Pro with Retina Display!! ^____^
Saving for it was definitely a big challenge for me.
I decided this post will be about how I saved money to buy my laptop with 6 tips that you might find helpful if you are trying to save up for something big!

  1. (Obviously) Calculate what you need (But not so obvious..) INCLUDING tax! When I was looking to purchase my macbook, the tax added with my macbook was well under $100! So definitely watch out for that if you plan to purchase something really expensive.

  2. Make a goal list. See, what I did was wrote down a checklist for every hundred dollars I had. So if I already had $100, I would check that I have reached that amount. I found this really helpful because once I reached the half-way mark, I felt definitely motivated to continue saving up!

  3. Try not to spend so much on unnecessary things. My boyfriend definitely was a big factor to how I control my money spending. He would always tell me I didn't need this clothes or that hat or that meal or this snack if I actually already have them & have already ate! So for example, during breaks that I have between my classes, most of the time I would bring a packed lunch from home instead of buying food from the cafe because holy crap are they expensive! Though I guess this mostly applies to more of college students because eating the food from high school isn't that bad (expense wise).

  4. Find any opportunity to work. I personally wanted to work at my own college because of the convenience of travel since I go to school there. But you can also definitely apply to stores around your neighborhood! That way, you won't spend much money on gas & just focus on getting reaching that goal of yours! I am only limited to work 2 jobs this summer because my family needs me home when my parents are at work so I can stay at home & take care of my little brother. But it all worked out in the end & I'm sure the same thing can happen with you.

  5. (This goes along with #4..) Apply to jobs as fast and as early as you can. When I was looking to work over the summer, I unfortunately didn't know any better & started applying in May when I was trying to pursue a job as a summer camp counselor for YMCA. Turns out the application had already closed & all the interviews have already been completed since February! It bummed me out.. But luckily there were other lenient job openings for me to apply. So definitely learn from mistake! If you already know what you want to work as, apply right away~

  6. Don't lose confidence & have patience. There were many moments that I couldn't believe I will be able to save up enough money for such an expensive computer that was almost 2k! But having a positive attitude & being able to wait is definitely worth it in the end.

Alright. Well that's all that I can think of for now. Hopefully I was able to help you with whatever you plan on saving for the future! I wish you the best.

Good things comes to those who wait~
See ya on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment