Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bento

So the other day, I made a bento-style breakfast for my adorable 6 year old brother. I thought the presentation of it turned out to be pretty decent!



I totally failed on my hot dogs though.. I tried to make them look like an octopus with a smiley face but that didn't turn out the way I expected them to be. The hot dogs I used were purchased from a local filipino store.


The omelette I made was supposed to look like a flower.. As you can tell, it was kind of difficult for me to keep it from collapsing.. So I had to stick two picks in it. I know it looks icky from this point of view. But in other angles, you can barely notice it! Haha.


I used some special star cutters to cut the shapes from the spam I cooked. They turned out awesome!


The rice with egg and spam was suppose to look like a car with windows and wheels.. Haha. But my brother thought it was Kirby's face, whom he loves, so he liked it! I also placed ketchup in a little silicone container because he typically eats this food with it.


I think it's safe to say that he enjoys the food I made for him. :)


I'm definitely making more soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment