Sunday, February 9, 2014

C O M P E T I T V E Badminton !

I miss badminton so much! I'm having a throwback because I was having a conversation with my dearest friend who's a senior in high school that also participated in badminton. She was telling me that open gym practice now changed from 6am to 5am & I was totally envious! Classes at our high school typically begin at around 7:30am & to have practice for 2 hours in the morning is amazing! (Not to mention it helps me keep in shape every morning)




I first joined Badminton my freshman year and continued to take part in it until I graduated. I was then promoted to play in the Varsity team during my junior and senior year in high school. Sadly, it was only a spring sport and the season went by too quickly in comparison with the other spring sports!


I remember dreading morning practices as well as after school practices while I was actively joining Badminton. But looking back, it really helped me live a healthy lifestyle where I constantly was exercising. If I didn't participate in this sport every year, I probably would be 50 pounds heavier as of right now. Har har har.



So my message to you out there reading this is:
Participate in many clubs activites as you can! Stay active and involved with your school because it really is worth it. You make lovely friends and learn many valuable lessons and responsibilites along the way. You won't go wrong :)


Ooh, if you have badminton at your high school, definitely try out for it. People always seem to put this sport down because they think it's just flailing a racket around and hitting a light object. Psshh. When my team got a fundraiser going on for badminton, we invited anyone to challenge us (they gotta pay up though) & they totally underestimated us ;)
That's all for now. See you on my next post <3

With love,
Cielo

No comments:

Post a Comment